Ok friends, today I thought I might do something a bit different and share with you all 20 things you probably don't know about Ben (my husband) and I. I've shared a lot about our personal lives and our IVF struggles, but I thought it would be fun to give you all the chance to get to know us as a couple a bit better.
So without further adieu...
20 Things You Probably Don't Know about Me and Ben
1. Our first kiss was at a Yellowcard concert.
2. We're totally cheesy you guys, so don't laugh haha. Ben's nickname for me is usually 'Bear' or 'Baby Bear.' Ok, so I must explain. My middle name is Claire and my Mom has always called me Claire Bear, or just Bear (even some of my friends in college called me Bear haha). Ben kind of picked this up and ran with it. A lesser used nickname he calls me sometimes is 'Cupcake.' I have a serious cupcake obsession and can literally take down a dozen in a day (not uncommon, I'll be honest). My nickname for him is 'Boo.' And no, not the popular bf/gf slang. But, you know, Benny Boo Boo Boo Boo... Yeah haha, that. It eventually just turned into just Boo. And somewhere along the line, my brother turned it into 'Boo Bop,' don't ask me why haha.
3. We first met at the Sundance Film Fest in Park City in 2006. A friend of mine from high school picked me up to take me to Main Street with him and a bunch of his friends in the backseat. Ben happened to be one of them. Little did I know haha...
4. We're both from Utah - him from Ogden and me from Park City (about an hour apart).
5. We both played on our high school tennis teams. But he's way better than me haha. But we still have fun playing together when we can.
6. We hold hands when we sleep.
7. I absolutely love watching scary movies. Especially in the Fall. But Ben totally hates them. He used to be champ and watch them with me but after seeing Paranormal Activity, they got the axe.
8. Our wedding first dance song is 'Lucky Man' by The Verve. Go have a listen. It's a good one. We also listened to it the night we got engaged.
9. Speaking of when we got engaged, Ben proposed under a waterfall in Hawaii. I mean, seriously?! It doesn't get any better or more romantic than that!
10. I convinced Ben to go to law school with me. He was considering getting his MBA but I was thinking law school so I asked my Dad to have a chat with him to convince him haha (the power of a good Dad chat, am I right?!). It was fairly early into our relationship when all this was going down, but I think deep down we both knew we had something special. So we applied to a bunch of schools together and others that were close by each other, just in case. We ended up at USD together and I actually miss it. Being in school together was really fun.
11. Ben is allergic to animals but we have two dogs. Eek. When we met I already had our dog Mini (the min pin). Thank goodness he has short hair and hardly sheds because I was not willing to give up our snuggles. He actually seemed to do just fine with Mini (aka Moo). Phew. Later, we got Wookie (a maltipoo) who is hypoallergenic and doesn't shed at all. Aren't dogs just the best?!
12. At restaurants we always share a meal. Unless it's a hamburger. Step aside, honey. I got this.
13. Ben is a bit of a health nut and I am a full blown junk food connoisseur. His idea of a good snack is nuts. My idea of a snack is oreos and milk. Followed by cake. Followed by Taco Bell haha. We usually meet in the middle somewhere with fruit. I love me a good orange or honeycrisp apple.
14. We've only had two fights. Ever. No joke.
15. In another life Ben could have been a chef. He is so good you guys! So yes, he does all the cooking. I do the baking. I can make a cake like it's nobody's business. I mean, obviously.
16. Ben said 'I Love You' after one month of dating. I said it like a week later. Gotta keep 'em guessing am I right ladies?!
17. We wrote our wedding ceremony together. It was totally perfectly fitting and there wasn't a dry eye in the room. Cue the awww's haha, just kidding.
18. We make it a point to spend time together every morning before Ben heads off to work. Whether it be going on a run or hitting the gym together or grabbing a Starbucks together on his way to work before parting ways, it's important to us to get in as much 'us' time as possible every day.
19. Ben is totally left brained (very logical and sensible) and I am super right brained (spontaneous, unorganized and creative).
20. I am a super picky eater and prefer mostly comfort foods (hello grilled cheese) and Ben will eat almost anything but prefers more sophisticated meals. This means that our decision on what's for dinner is the hardest part of the day haha.
Ok friends, today I thought I might do something a bit different and share with you all 20 things you probably don't know about Ben (my husband) and I. I've shared a lot about our personal lives and our IVF struggles, but I thought it would be fun to give you all the chance to get to know us...