One of the most important things to me is helping my girls foster a positive sibling relationship. While conflict is only natural, I am trying my best to never “take sides” in their eyes by saying “I didn’t see what happened but what I do know is that it’s never ok to hit” etc. Then I encourage them to find a solution and work it out themselves. It’s also my goal to have them share a room one day to strengthen their bond. As they grow, we may also implement family Sundays (where the day is reserved for family only and no friends, thus, encouraging them to rely on one another for play). What ways are you encouraging your kids to play and bond?
Halloween 2020 was a weird year with no trick or treating. But that didn’t stop us from dressing up. Luna asked to be Cinderella so I found the girls the cutest matching costumes from Ruemuu.
Of course I forgot, as usual, to figure out what I was going to be till 5 minutes before my parents arrived for our pizza party, but I threw on an old black dress, painted a black moon and star on my face and grabbed a witches hat and called it a day.
Do you guys do family costumes or throw things together last minute like us? Also, where are your favorite places to shop for kids costumes?
Another 6 fun facts about me:
1) I am a list-maker. From to-do’s, to grocery store lists, to packing lists, to the girls monthly stats… I keep a lot of lists.
2) I have 9 piercings. All ears and one old school belly button circa early 2000’s that I took out when we started IVF.
3) I hate cooking. I mean, I am ok at it… but Ben is way better. I am more of a baker (sweet tooth queen).
4) I love exercise and try to do 3 activities a day (whether its peloton + tonal + a walk or a hike + tennis + a bike ride).
5) I was the captain of my high school tennis team. I play every so often these days but am hoping to pick it back up again more.
6) I am a mix between a type 2 and type 4 enneagram.
Whether your’e a new follower or have been with me since my law school days, I thought it would be fun to do a quick get to know me post:
1) I’m from Park City, Utah and miss the mountains (and snow) everyday. We usually go back home for Christmas and the summers (Arizona summers don’t mess around).
2) I’m 5’11”. Photos can be deceiving. I used to hate my height, but now I embrace it.
3) I have one tattoo: a moon. I got it before Luna was born. Yes, it was partially for her because we always knew we wanted to name our someday daughter that. But its main significance is for our two sets of twins that I miscarried. Because we always said they were ‘our sun, our moon, our stars.’ I better add a sun for Soleil.
4) I have three older siblings (yes, I am the baby). Two brothers and one sister.
5) I worked in politics as a fundraiser on a presidential campaign out of college but decided law school was a better fit. I got sick of talking politics with everyone I met.
6) I say “lifestyle influencer” when I am asked what I do for a living. I used to dumb it down and say, ‘oh, I have this “little” blog…’ But then I realized I was degrading myself by minimizing what I do.